Grids 1.7 is out. It’s the biggest update yet, incorporating a lot of the tech we built for our 30 Games in 30 Days campaign, as well as a lot of the feedback we received from users.
- We added wrapped grids for rectangular, diamond, and hexagonal grids.
- We added four types of polar grids.
- We added consistent coloring functions for all built-in grid points.
- We added more math functions to points (Div, Mod, Mul, Dot, PerpDot).
- We added some LINQ-like methods for grids, and added methods to make writing LINQ expressions clearer.
- We added a few shapes for Cairo grids.
- We simplified underlying storage mechanism, making it easier to define your own grid shapes.
- We improved speed and garbage generation of the AStar algorithm. We also added a version of the function that lets you specify the actual cost (not just the estimated cost).
- We fixed many bugs, and also made a few optimizations.
- We restructured the examples so that it is easier to know where to start, and go through them in a sequence.
You can find a full list of changes on the What is new? page.