Grids 1.10 is out!
This is mostly a maintenance update, where we made many fixes and small improvements to the API interface, but there are also a few new features:
- Range finding
- Cells for grid builders so that they can be used with Unity’s new GUI
- Line drawing algorithms
- An AOT-safe stack for points
We also changed the structure of our packages!
- Grids is now called Grids Pro. There are no changes other than the name.
- Hex Grids has been changed to Grids Basic. It now includes all the functionality from Hex Grids and Rect Grids. All Hex Grid users will automatically get access to this through the update.
- Rect Grids is now called Grids Lite. It will also remain the same as before.
Here is the full list of what’s new in Grids 1.10.
In this version, we
- added GetPointsInRange and GetPointsInRangeCosts functions that returns all the points in a grid in a given range, or their distances from the start goal.
- added three new cell typesthatcan be used with Unity’s GUI system (with or without grid builders):
- added a GetLine extension methods for maps.
- added a SpriralIterator overload for rect and hex grids.
- added a SpiralIterator for diamond grids
- added the Perp method to rect, diamond, and hex points.
- added a class PointStack which is a AOL compiler-safe Stack for points.
- added Fill methods to set the entire grid to a value or the result of a function.
- added CloneStructure methods that clones a grids structure, and use the given value or function to fill the new grid.
- added an Apply method that calls an action for each cell in the grid.
- added a TransformValues method that replaces each cell with a transformed cell.
- added a overload to the Scale methods in IMap and AbstractMap that takes a Vector2.
- redesigned the way neighbors work slightly: We
- added a property NeighborDirections to grids that can be used to get and set the grids neighbor-setup.
- added default neighbor sets to point types
- removed InitNeighbors from abstract grid classes
- fixed CloneStructure and CastValues to correctly copy over the original grid’s neighbor-setup
- changed all grid builders to take a Vector2 for the cell spacing factor, instead of a single factor.
- fixed dimension and anchor calculations for polar pointy brick maps
- fixed the type of the Grid property of polar grid builders.
- fixed a bug that prevented MeshTileCells’ colors to be serialized.
- fixed a bug that could cause errors with input if the cell in a grid is null.
- fixed a bug that prevented polar grids from being used with GridBehaviours
- fixed a bug with polar grid maps and mesh creation.
- fixed a bug in the Poisson disk generation code that sometimes caused points to be generated outside the given rectangle
- removed the default OnClick method provided in SpriteCell and MeshTileCell
- Made TextureCell obsolete (use UVCell instead)
- renamed the Select method defined on grids to SelectValuesAt
- renamed XXXUtil to XXXUtils for consistency
- made many documentation improvements.
- made compatible with Unity 5.0
- updated extensions package to version 1.1
This week we’ll be releasing short blog posts explaining some of the new features in a bit more detail, together with some awesome tutorials. Follow us on twitter to stay updated!